Coaching is a partnership which expedites development and accelerates high performance processes while supporting the individual’s effort to achieve his objectives. It is a relationship that facilitates personal and professional development processes, challenges the way of thinking and inspires.
In the coaching relationship, coach and coachee create a trustful environment where the coachee can identify areas for improvement and take action in order to achieve personal evolution and to improve professional performance, activating his/her potential.
Through structured, respectful conversations, executives are encouraged to discover the self, to find alternative ways of thinking, to identify options. Finally the person is led to take action towards the goals set and achieves exceptional performance.
The process of coaching can be implemented individually or in small groups with common goals. With the support of the coach, goals are chosen and the person or the group undertake the responsibility of the actions agreed upon and step by step they approach their goals. In this way, coaching addresses a great variety of issues.
- Facing and/or solving problems (eg. I cannot manage many things at the same time. I’m a procrastinator, what can I do to change it?).
- Decision making (eg. How will I decide to change my career path? Is it the appropriate time to start my own business?).
- Self-development and self-improvement (eg. How will I communicate better with my relatives? How will I manage the change of position that my company suggested?).
- Handling crisis (eg. How can I stay calm facing the possibility of losing my job? How will my team retain an excellent performance, when they know that the company is in acquisition talks?).
- Improving relations with others (eg. How can I improve the relationship with my boss or my colleagues? What can I do to reduce tension in my relationship with my superior?).
- Self-awareness (eg. Why do I get nervous before a public speech? How can I overcome nervousness? What skills do I need to develop in order to effectively manage my team?).
- Internal conflict of emotions (eg. How do I manage my anger when I disagree with my superior’s choices? How do I manage the fear of losing my job and my income? How do I keep a balance between my professional and personal life?)
- Improvement of management skills (eg. How do I effectively lead my team? What are my team’s incentives and how can they be helpful? How will I guide my team towards achieving a higher performance in sales?)